Thursday 30 January 2014

Jah Prayzah engages Culture Spears on fifth album

Afro fusion star Jah Prayzah is a man on a mission. The Tsviriyo hit maker is collaborating with Culture Spears, the award winning traditional group from Botswana in his fifth album called Mbumura Mhute.In an exclusive interview the dreadlocked musician revealed that he is still in the studio finishing up the ten track album.
“I am travelling to Botswana next Monday to record the song Dali Wami with Culture Spears. This is a love song that talks of two lovers who miss each other and are separated by distance,” Jah Prayzah said.
Jah Prayzah managed to carve a niche for himself on the apex of the local music industry after delivering a memorable melody and catchy rhythm with his song Sungano Yerudo.

Every album that he delivered thereafter has contained many hit songs.
“With Tsviriyo, I set my own pace and with Mbumura Mhute I am doing my very best that it matches or even surpasses the other albums,” Jah Prayzah added.
After releasing Tsviriyo, Jah Prayzah sat and waited for the fans to react.
“The reaction was amazing. I had never been so excited like that in my life. Tsviriyo was very much accepted by many people and I am so grateful for that.”
It was the title track Tsviriyo that was voted as the third best song in the 2013 Coca Cola Radio Zimbabwe Top 50.
Coca Cola as the sponsors are rewarding him with US$500 and a hamper while Suluman Chimbetu will receive US$800 and a hamper for his song Sean Timba which was voted second best. Sungura ace Alick Macheso will receive US$1 200 and a hamper for his song Macharangwanda which was voted number one.
“I am grateful to my fans for having voted for my song. They are the ones that determine what is good and what is not,” Jah Prayzah added.

No comments:

Post a Comment